Kick off your Fourth of July weekend by joining us for a 5K and/or 1 Mile Run/Walk in the heart of Annandale during one of the greatest Independence Day celebrations in the state of Minnesota! The St. John's Firecracker 5K and 1 Mile Sparkler Run/Walk is a family-friendly yet competitive event. All proceeds and donations benefit the St. John's Mission Trip Fund and the Annandale Activity Fee Scholarship Fund. We are lining up great sponsorship this year to bring you top finisher prizes, door prizes, and snacks after you finish! When the race is over, stick around town for several days of music, food, parades, fireworks, carnival rides, coronations and memory-making you won’t soon forget.
- Best 4th of July themed attire.
- Top male and female finisher prizes in TBD age groups and top male and female winners overall.
- Fastest combined 1 Mile and 5K time.
- Fastest 1-mile finisher with a stroller. (must have a child in the stroller)
- Additional door prizes and raffles for all participants following the race.
- Race shirts guaranteed to those who register by June 14th.
- Chip timing done by Bob Schneider at Gopher State Events.
- Race prices increase on June 1st, 2021.
New 2021 Business Challenge
Have 3+ members of your business register for the 5k race and you can compete against other businesses in the area for a traveling trophy. Business winner will be determined by the average of the fastest three times on your team. Who is going to get 2021 bragging rights?!
Packet pick-up for pre-registered runners starts at 7am on Saturday. Same day registration is $35.00 and also starts at 7am on Saturday.
Race will be run rain or shine. No refunds will be issued; your registration fee will be considered a donation. For safety concerns on the 5K course, we ask that no strollers are used. Strollers are permitted in the 1 Mile Sparkler Run; please line up near the back of the start and let non-stroller runners begin ahead of you. No pets are allowed for the safety of all runners.
St. John's Annandale
Lots of free parking at the church lot and surrounding street.